Catalog Quick Search
Documents on microfiche are also on the basement level, in the Stacks
Electronic documents connect through the Secretary of State's website
- Where appropriate, documents have been included in the regular collection
The Benedictine University Library has been an Illinois Documents Depository Library since 1989. In its role as a depository library, the library is responsible not only for collecting the Illinois documents sent to the library by the Illinois State Library, but also for providing access to the collection and reference service in the area of Illinois state government. (23 ILL. Adm. Code 3020.220a) The collection contains documents published within the last five years. For older documents, the State Library is one of the main sources of this information.
The information in the collection can be found in a variety of formats. Besides print, there are electronic documents, cdroms, microfiche and dvds. The subjects covered by the documents include public health, environment, law, and education.
Additional sources for Government Documents/Information
- Find-It! Illinois - search for Illinois Government Information and search the catalogs of over 600 Illinois academic, public, school, and special libraries in the Statewide Illinois Library Catalog (SILC)
- Illinois Government Information (IGI) search engine - a joint project of the State Library and the University of Illinois, providing search capabilities across Illinois state government websites.
- I-SHARE - search the library catalogs of 65 Illinois academic institutions
- Lexis-Nexis Academic - search for Illinois laws and court cases as well as newspapers articles